Welcome from the Counselor- Ms. Gallimore
I am so excited to be at Bonham Elementary. I am eager work with the children, families and staff at Bonham.
PHONE: (325)947-3917 EXT. 121
What is School Counseling?
School counseling helps students emotionally and socially so they can concentrate on school tasks. The school counseling program offers the following services:
- Individual Counseling
- Small Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance
Possible Individual Topics:
- Personal/family crisis Conflicts with others
- Feelings Self-esteem
- Normal developmental issues
Possible Group Topics:
- Anger management Loss (divorce, death)
- Friendship and Social Skills Feelings
Possible Class Visit Topics:
- Dealing with bullies/being friends
- Character Education
- Study Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Goal Setting
How Can I Visit With My Counselor?
Ask your teacher to notify Mrs. Ramos
Ask your parents to notify Mrs. Ramos
Pick up a form to request to see the counselor at the front office and drop off in Mrs. Ramos' box on her door.
Bringing Out The Best In Kids - Getting Involved With Your Child's Education
Children benefit greatly when parents take an active role. They are more likely to:
- enjoy learning and school life
- improve their skills and attitudes
- do better in school
- develop confidence in themselves
- become better prepared for the future
Parents can get involved by "teaming up" with your child's school. The keys are to:
- Help your child get the most from studying. Set aside a quiet time. Make a study center. Help with homework. Be available. Set clear rules about study time. Read together every day.
- Get to know your child's teachers and counselor, subject matter and school policies. Attend open houses. Schedule parent-teacher conferences. uild a good relationship. Stay in touch.
- Take part in school activities. Lend your talents. Volunteer. Go to school functions. Support fund-raising events.
- Show your child that you value education. Encourage, don't discourage. help your child be independent. Set goals together. Talk positively about school. Be a positive role model. Talk with your child. Show your love.
Your child's education depends on teamwork and you'll benefit too, knowing that you're helping your child get a good education!